All requests for IT support in the Dunedin School of Medicine should be handled in the following way: (Some research units may have alternative arrangements)
During office hours:
- Email email@example.com (preferred contact method)
- Ring the ICTSG on the University extension 4137 (39 4137 from within Dunedin Hospital)
- Leave a message if you get the voicemail
- If it is urgent and you have not contacted anyone or have had no response, then contact your departmental administrator - they will be able to help track one of us down
- The University ITS HelpDesk has longer hours depending on student demand
- Try phoning University extension 8888 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
The ITS HelpDesk website has a notices section where planned and current service outages/issues are noted. If you are experiencing a problem with a central service (e.g., access to the network, internet, email, PIMS, Blackboard, etc.), then check the notices before you call.
Once the HelpDesk is aware of such a problem, information about it (including an ETA for fixing it, if known) will be put there.
The ICT Support Group manages the Hospital Lecture Theatre complex. These facilities are used by the university?s Division of Health Sciences and the Dunedin Hospital.
Medical school lecture theatre map (PDF 380 KB)
- Barnett Lecture Theatre (seating capacity 150 maximum)
- Colquhoun (seating capacity 312 maximum)
Book the Theatres through:
Faculty of Medicine
Tel 64 3 479 7420
Fax 64 3 479 5200
View current lecture theatre bookings (DSM online calendar)
- Octagonal Room (seating capacity 40 maximum)
- Dame Norma Restieaux Room (seating capacity 40 maximum)
Book these three rooms through:
Dunedin School of Medicine
Tel 64 3 470 3888
All rooms within the academic areas are serviced by our support staff.
The DSM web sites and content are jointly managed by:
Please direct enquiries regarding web content and updates to the DSM Web Co-ordinator:
DSM Web Co-ordinator
Tel 64 3 474 0999 ext 7414